Monday, September 23, 2024

AEMI AI Check-in Zoom Monday, Sept. 16: Carolyn Alongi McDonough

GIAA represented by VP Carolyn Alongi McDonough

Jennifer Dorning, hosted Zoom meeting

In attendance:
Michael Wasser, AEMI
-SAG-AFTRA: Mary Hatch, Pam Greenwalt, Neil
-Int'l IBEW
-IBEW
-AGMA
-Martha Kinsella
-Tyler McIntosh AGMA?
-Ben Kessler _____? (new member)

Check-in Meeting on all things AI
JD asked for intros and then UPDATES on EMPLOYER USE/S of AI
-Layoffs
-Job shifts
Group had none

JD asked for UPDATES on CONTRACTS:

1) Martha Kinsella, AGMA, mentioned that AGMA is advocating to make it an "obligation to negotiate a separate agreement whenever AI is used as a bargaining priority".

2) Michael Wasser had an update on POLICY re the NO FAKES ACT (Sen. Durbin) which was that the SENATE portion of the bill is undergoing "adjustments at top-end" and that (presumably) has requested an "expeditious markup" of NO FAKES ACT.

3) Pam Greenwalt added that SAG-AFTRA (presumably) re the NO FAKES ACT is advocating that the bill's policy become a "federal right for everyone, not just performers".

4) I mentioned that a group of which I'm a member, Archival Producers Alliance, has drafted and published "GUIDELINES for WORKING with AI in DOCUMENTARIES" which Pam Greenwalt expressed HIGH interest in obtaining a copy of these guidelines. I replied that I will send one to MW and he can distribute it (which I will do this week.)

***
END NOTES