'A Chorus Line'
CATEGORY:
THEATER: MUSICALS
TAGS:
PAID
UNION
EXPIRES:January 7, 2022 7:00 PM
Send to a friend
Company
Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival
Dennis Razze, dir.-assoc. artistic dir.; Luis Villabon, choreo.; Patrick Mulcahy, producing artistic dir.
Production Description Seeking video submissions from Equity actors for chorus parts in "A Chorus Line." All races/ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
Equity Ensemble: 18+
male and female aspiring Broadway dancer-singers; one or two of the cut dancers (Tricia, who gets a brief vocal solo/Vicki, who never studied ballet/Lois, who dances like a ballerina) will understudy Cassie Ferguson - soprano; late 20s- early 30s; returning to the chorus after years of being a featured dancer; very strong dancer; shy and kindhearted; previously had a relationship with Zach; other cut dancers: Roy who can't get the arms right, Butch who gives attitude in the audition, Tom "headband", a jock, Frank, who looks at his feet when dancing.
To apply, see the "Key Details" section below
Rehearsals begin May 24 or 31; runs through July 10 or 17.
Compensation & Contract Details Professional Pay
Estimated Payment: $755.00 Flat Rate (Estimated duration: Not Provided)
Pays $775/wk. Equity LOA ref. LORT Contract.
Key Details
Seeking talent from: Lehigh County, PA
Additional Instructions:
For consideration, submit a video link and résumé to casting@pashakespeare.org . Submissions deadline is Jan. 7, 2022. For more info, visit www.pashakespeare.org
Preparation instructions: (singers) sing a one-minute solo cut of one of the provided song options or one of your own. Dance 10 mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ykqcjdw1yjwh9s/Dance%20Ten%20Looks%20Three%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.mp3?dl=0
Dance 10 pdf - https://www.dropbox.com/s/aumclz09k08jkh3/Dance%20Ten%20Looks%20Three%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.pdf?dl=0
; "I Can Do That" mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7iasqj1poawqet/I%20Can%20Do%20That%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.mp3?dl=0
; "I Can Do That" pdf - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxspquwjnpzm2pw/I%20Can%20Do%20That%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.pdf?dl=0 ; Opening mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ximpy1u5bkr7eox/Opening-I%20Hope%20I%20Get%20It%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.mp3?dl=0 ; Opening pdf - https://www.dropbox.com/s/evxf5shtgb9h0g2/Opening-I%20Hope%20I%20Get%20It%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.pdf?dl=0
; "What I Did For Love" mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/842rifmsr065x3z/What%20I%20Did%20For%20Love%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.mp3?dl=0
; "What I Did For Love" pdf - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbko0w4v4izzkg2/What%20I%20Did%20For%20Love%20%28AUDITION%20CUT%29.pdf?dl=0 ; (dancers) dance the ballet and jazz combinations according to the provided instructional videos. Here are the Google drive links to the ACL Jazz, girls' Ballet, and boys' Ballet combination breakdown and Demo. ACL Opening Jazz Combination breakdown and demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wi1_aTQk1m3FGduqCMfWd0nSSG_MNvI2/view?usp=drivesdk ; ACL Opening Jazz combination piano track: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p58oxbihr15cfw/Jazz%20Combo%20%5BTempo%5D.mp3?dl=0
; ACL Opening Girls' Ballet combination breakdown and Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqxkzaYMuYtIvyM1h8zzjHi0NVJ4JDwm/view?usp=drivesdk
; ACL Opening boys' Ballet combination breakdown and demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e_zmAaC8M8vTlT_cHnwJdDIwdFAhKiNi/view?usp=drivesdk
; ACL Opening girls’ Ballet combination piano track: (use for both girls' and boys' combinations) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce663vzvjj5j49p/Ballet%20Combo%20%5BTempo%5D.mp3?dl=0
Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to submit.
